Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And the Award goes to...

Me!  I slept all night.  10:00-5:30.  This is a rare occurance in our house and it got me thinking.  They should have some kind of Mommy Awards...like the Grammy's or Oscar's.  We'd all get dressed up in our fancy Target or Old Navy dresses and have a big 'ol ceremony.  The category for sleeping all night would be something like "most consecutive hours of sleep in one night".  It'd go a little something like this...

And the winner for "most consecutive hours of sleep in one night" is... Kim!  (yay, woooo, hooray!)

"First of all I'd like to thank my kids.  All 3 of you had a major part in this accomplishment.  To Kaelyn, thank you for not screaming out that your nose is runny.  And Lauren, thank you for not wetting your bed.  And to Ashlyn, thank you for staying in your bed all night and not sticking your feet down my pants.  I'd also like to thank my dog, Diesel.  Thank you for not barking all night.  And to my hubby.  Just thank you.  And to the smoke detectors for not doing that random beep in the middle of the night thing.  I love you all."

We could also have other categories like "best dinner that every member of the family will eat"  or  "most consecutive minutes without hearing someone screaming 'MOM!'"

It'd be a hit.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed through this entire thing. I think it's a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm nominating you for Best Blog Entry...Ever. My ribs hurt from laughing. I especially liked the fancy dress from Target or Old Navy line...priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Kim. You are so funny! I am enjoying your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea!! I so love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete