Monday, February 14, 2011

Project 64: Apricot #6

I've been following Project 64 (project64colors.blogspot.com) since it started but it was last week when Brooke revealed the week's color choice, Apricot, that I decided to join in.  I thought at first this would be a really hard color to find.  In fact, it was starting to drive me a little crazy and I thought about quitting before I had even really started.  My friend Cindy over at WyTography.blogspot.com and I discussed our feelings of self-doubt and the insanity that comes with hunting colors 24/7.  I spent an entire work day hunting down Apricot last week.  Even missed my turn a few times (I drive a lot for a home health company).  Then today I realized I'd been driving past Apricot all this time.  So I snapped a couple of pictures this morning.  I didn't even get out of the car (lazy).





We live in the middle of a hay pasture and when the sun shines through the hay in the morning and evening it has kind of an orangy glow.  Very apricottish.

Here's another I found while hunting through old pictures.  Lauren at the pumpkin patch.

8 comments:

  1. That middle picture is a framer. You're making me start to think that I should've just bought an iphone instead of this obscenely expensive camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny because I was thinking I needed a Canon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your finds! I'm glad you didn't give up and decided to keep playing with project64!

    If you are using an iphone for your pics, there a lots of cool apps to give creative artistic effects to your photos, I love playing with them and I'm amazed at some of the pictures itographers get using them!

    thanks for linking up with project64

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! Don't worry - the second there is snow on the ground I get lazy too. :) I mean who wants to get out in the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...finding a colour right under your nose is often the case. I love that middle shot with the sun reflecting off the buildlings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! I'm actually learning a lot from this project. Thanks for sharing it with us, Brooke!

    Oh, and Jennifer...I am an explorer. I LOVE to get out in the snow. But I am also lazy and busy so I can't always stop and get out of the car to take a picture. I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors...so idyllic.
    I would not want to get out in the snow if I did not have to either. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why get out of the car when you had a perfect shot? I didn't realize how much I miss being in the country to see sights like these.

    ReplyDelete