Saturday, February 19, 2011

Project 64: Indigo #7

This week's color at project64colors.blogspot.com is Indigo.  I'm not real crazy about the pics I've taken so far but they have a bit of a story behind them so I'm going to go ahead and post them.

I drive through Dewey a lot for work and noticed that Dewey is somewhat famous for their antique shops.  So I had a little time the other day and decided to stop in one to look for some old chairs and a bench.  The more I looked around the more I realized that I wasn't looking for antiques.  What I really wanted was nice junk.  $95 for an old chair?  Really?  I really want a $10 (or free) chair that I can paint and set out on my front porch.  Anyway, I decided to keep looking around to hide my sticker shock when I started to notice all the blue.  Blue dishes, blue books, blue lamps, blue clothing...

This spool of thread in person was actually more Indigo.  I should have grabbed it and taken it over to a window to get better lighting.  The purple didn't show on my iphone.



Same with the dishes.  They're just looking really Navy to me.  When I see Indigo I think of denim...Wranglers or Rockies to be more specific.  I may need to borrow a cowboy to get closer to the color.  If I find one before the deadline, I'll update.

11 comments:

  1. I think the dishes look indigo...and that's a great angle, too! Isn't this fun? I'm so glad you're doing this project with me so I have another amateur to bounce my thoughts off of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks indigo to me, and I just love those dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they both work well for indigo, i like the spool, thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both great, but I especially love the second shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dishes remind me of the one's my grandmother had :) beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the thumbnail of your post and knew the dishes - I have some in my cupboard and never thought of them. :)
    I like the spool.
    If you find a ten dollar chair buy me one too - sticker shock is everywhere.

    Carletta@Round The Bend

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha borrow a cowboy, great line! indigo was hard this week, great finds!! Love the spool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Capturing Indigo certainly wasn't the easiest. I think the spool is definately the right colour. I just love how this challenge encourages you to look beyond our comfort zones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Antique shops are the best medium for great pictures. It's great having you at Project64.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shot of the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Antique shops have the most interesting finds! And it looks like you found two great shots for indigo.

    ReplyDelete