Thursday, February 24, 2011

Project 64: Lavender #8

I have a love / hate relationship with Lavender.  When I saw that this week's color at project64colors.blogspot.com was going to be Lavender I got excited...yay purple!  But it was this week that I bought my 64 count crayolas (bad decision) and learned that Lavender isn't just purple.  It's pinkish with a slight hint of purplish.  Ugh.  There are lots of purple things and lots of pink things but very few Lavender things.

Back to the love...any time I see Lavender it makes me think of my Great Grandma's flowers.  She could grow the heck out of an Iris.  She also had an awesome Wisteria vine.  If her and Grandpa were still alive I'd just hop over there and take all kinds of pictures of her flowers.  But they are not and I don't think the new owners of their house would appreciate me tromping around their back yard.

So, instead of driving myself crazy looking for this funny color I decided to just snap a quick shot of the sunset last night as the storm front was moving in hoping it had a small amount of Lavender in it.  Oh happy day!  When I uploaded it to my desktop, the whole sky was Lavender.  Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Great sunset! I love the layers of clouds piled on top of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot of a lovely scene!
    I have wisteria and if it were in bloom it would have been perfect. :)

    Carletta@Round The Bend

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful sunset! Thanks for linking up with project64!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty sunset. I believe you could have just used the background of your website as an example of lavender too!

    ReplyDelete