Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cheap and Simple Stuff: Pizza Pasta

One thing I do to try to stretch our groceries a bit is utilize leftovers in another meal.  This week we had homemade pizza and had some bell pepper, onion, pepperoni, spinach, sausage and cheese leftover.  I used these ingredients plus half a box of pasta and a jar of sauce to make Pizza Pasta.  The beauty of using leftovers is you don't have to measure.  You just kinda dump it in there.


I sauted the pepper, onion, and spinach in some oil then added the meats to warm them up a bit.  When the pasta was done, I drained it and added the veggie/meat mixture and the sauce (I used Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo).  Dump it in a pan and top with cheese.  Bake @ 400 for like 20 minutes.


Ok really.  How can you not like something with bubbly cheese on top?


Plate it up with a veggie or salad.  It was SOOO good.  Hubby even liked it and he hates pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment