Monday, March 28, 2011

Cheap and Simple Stuff: Monday Menu 3*28

Kristy over at MommyHatesCooking.com has a really neat menu plan every Monday.  She matches up her menus with current supermarket match-ups and coupons (found at MoneySavingQueen.com) to produce super cheap meals.  Unfortunately, my family won't eat some of her meals (they look SO GOOD too!).  So, I've decided to start sharing my version of our menu plan for the coming weeks.  I explained a little bit about how I choose our menu a couple of weeks ago.  You can check that out here.  If nothing else, this might give you a couple of new meals to try!

On to the menu!

Monday - Spaghetti and steamed broccoli

Tuesday - Hamburgers and sweet potato fries

Wednesday - Tacos with leftover hamburger from Chili last week

Thursday - Stuffed Shells with sneaky spinach

Friday - Fish with some sort of vegetable

Saturday - Classic Club Sandwiches

Sunday - Dinner at Grandma's

Monday - Beans & Cornbread

Tuesday - Cheesy Chicken (what my kids call King Ranch Chicken)

Wednesday - Breakfast Casserole with leftover bacon from club sandwiches

Thursday - Slow Cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches

Friday - pay day/go out to dinner :)

Menu is subject to change according to how I feel at any given moment and we have a frozen DiGiorno Pizza and Wyngz in case something goes terribly wrong with one of these recipes.

3 comments:

  1. I love Kristy! I used to work with her at Gap...her sister is the 918 Coupon Queen! They're great girls.

    P.S. I love the "sneaky spinach" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are way more organized than I am when it comes to meal planning. I have tried, but it never really works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should post the revised menu at the end of the 2 weeks. It always changes. This week a trip to Red Robin snuck in there.

    ReplyDelete