Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cheesy Chicken

Cheesy Chicken (aka King Ranch Chicken) is one of the only things all three of my kids will eat.

Ingredients:
1 pkg Mexican or cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the Healthy Request or low-fat kind)
1 can MILD rotel (it has to be mild, you'll thank me later)
1 big can chicken (Ok, I know some people think canned chicken is gross.  It's not.  And it's a heck of a lot easier than cooking and shredding chicken.)
Some crushed tortilla chips (I usually just save the crumbs from a few bags or tortilla chips.  Maybe a cup's worth.)



Mix all ingredients together.  Pour in baking dish.  Bake for 20 minutes at 400. 



We usually eat it with salad or refried beans and top it with sour cream, guac, and/or salsa.



This meal can easily be doubled and freezes well.

Wouldn't you know...after saying my kids would eat this, tonight none of them would.  Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really simple recipe! I will have to try it!
    Wyatt probably won't touch it...anything remotely resembling a casserole is too much of a texture issue for him. He likes his food NOT to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really surprised my kids eat this (when they do). Most kids like their foods separated.

    ReplyDelete