Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Wow.  It's been a crazy couple of weeks.  Housework, car repairs, housework, a bout of extreme exhaustion, housework.  Hopefully the next few weeks will be better.

We accidentally "celebrated" Earth Day today by taking a trip to Lowe's.  I hadn't really planned anything since we're busy getting ready for Easter.  My plan would have included planting some sort of flowers.

Lowe's was giving out free trees in their stores today.  With the tree you got a reusable bag filled with coupons (yay!) and other Earth friendly information.  At the same time, they were also doing a Build & Grow clinic.  Since my kids were being INSANE in the store we decided the Build & Grow clinic would be a nice distraction.  I didn't snap any pics at the store because it was crazy busy and turning 2 three year olds loose with hammers would have been disastrous.  The project today was bird house bird feeders.  We built one in the store and saved the other two to do at home.  They even sent bird seed home with the kids to fill their feeders with!  We'll eventually paint them and put them in our front flower beds.


Happy Earth Day!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I'm totally NOT granola, I love earth day...it's my dad's birthday!

    I love those little build-it projects they have at Lowe's! Wyatt has a great time with them!

    Good call with not handing the little girls hammers...one smart momma.

    ReplyDelete