Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grilled Cheese Sammich

Ok, so this is not your normal grilled cheese sandwich.  It's more like a panini but I'm too cheap to buy a panini press.  And I don't like how crunchy paninis are anyway.  So this is better than a panini.

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread of your choice ( I use 100% whole wheat...gotta get that fiber and whole grain in there )
1 slice cheese of your choice ( I use plain 'ol American but if I have colby jack I use that instead )
deli meat of your choice ( I used ham today but turkey is good too )
sliced tomatoes
fresh spinach
butter

Butter one slice of bread.  Put in skillet over medium-high heat.  Layer spinach, cheese, tomato, meat.  Top with the other slice of buttered bread.  I layer the spinach first so it has time to wilt.  Then cheese next because that helps with the flip.  The flip is tricky on this sandwich.  Cook, like, 3 minutes on each side.  I usually eat it with a cup of Italian dressing for dipping but since we had leftover Tortellini Soup I had that instead.  I think the best thing about grilled cheese is that you can pretty much throw anything you have on it and it's still a yummy, gooey, cheesy sandwich.



No comments:

Post a Comment