Monday, October 10, 2011

Remember the I'm Sorry Store?

Remember the I'm Sorry Store?  Yeah, mommy got too tired to deal with all that this summer.  And one of those days I was sick on the couch the kids raided the store and ate all the candy.

Since I'm now a full time stay at home mom I've taken over ALL of the household duties...all the indoor duties anyway.  My hubby still mows the lawn.  We were sharing the housekeeping almost 50/50 but since I'm here all day every day I've picked up more responsibilities.  Which means the kids are picking up more responsibilities.  Because I still CAN'T do it all by myself.  Nor should I have to.  I'm not the maid.  So, we have to come up with some sort of bribery...I mean reward system...to get them to help out.

I saw this on Pinterest (I know...again with the Pinterest) and it's actually a product from an Etsy shop.  A forty dollar product from an Etsy shop.  So, we're going to try to figure out how to do it ourselves.

{ Photo by More Than a Memory AK on Etsy.com }
She has some cute stuff...check it out

At this point we don't require the girls (6, 3, and 3) to do any mandatory "chores".   But we do expect them to clean up after themselves...like putting their dirty laundry in the hamper, picking up their toys off the floor, taking their plate to the sink, etc.  We'll still have the store so they can immediately spend some of their chore money on instant gratification like candy but we'll also stress that if they save it they can use the money to buy things at Target or to do the extras at the Zoo like the train or to buy snow cones at the park or snacks at school or play the vending machines at our local Mexican restaurant...all of which we will stop funding.  Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment