Friday, January 13, 2012

Homeschool : M is for Music

My computer is fixed!  Apparently I had all kinds of viruses on it.  Boooo.  Anyway, all of my photos and files are back where they belong.

M is for Music.  I could have done so much more with this but for whatever reason 2 weeks went by and we barely accomplished anything.  Life.


Letter worksheets can be found at education.com and twistynoodle.com and the guitar color sheet can be found at coloring.ws.


We also made kazoos out of toilet paper rolls, wax paper, and rubber bands.  Just poke a tiny hole in the wax paper after assembling.  I like how my iphone focused everything EXCEPT the kazoos.


And tambourines out of paper plates.  You can fill them with dry beans, pasta, or small bells.  We used what we had on hand...stale candy corn.

We also read a book from the library called Drums, Keyboards, and Other Instruments by Scott Witmer.  It features artists such as The Beatles, Jerry Lee Lewis, Coldplay, The White Stripes, Gwen Stefani, Judas Priest, Tool, Jethro Tull, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and all the instruments they use.  Pretty interesting book with lots of cool photos.

Next: B is for Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment